Friday 13 February 2015

Love is in the air !

So I thought with Valentines day approaching what better to talk about then love.

Love comes in all different shapes and sizes and is shown in a number of different ways. It's confusing, exciting, unexpected and sometimes unwanted.

Falling in love.

Falling in love, I think, is the easy part. Some people fall in love at first sight, for me it takes a little longer but when it happened I sure knew about it. My belly churned, I became extra nervous which was odd because I had just begun to feel comfortable in my relationship. I faffed with my hair more, second guessed my outfit choices and thought more carefully when I spoke. I'm not sure why, but all of a sudden I had a fear that maybe he wouldn't feel the same after all you are offering up something precious and rejection would be a devastation.


Expectations of love.

I think this is the harshest, we have all grown up seeing love stories. There are millions of books, films, poems .. etc... all about love and how they lived happily ever after. In reality it just doesn't work like that, yes we all search for the perfect person for us, our Prince Eric or our Romeo but the truth is he'll be a real person and he won't be perfect, just like you're not.



Being in love.

Being in love is hard ! ... If you're in love alone I don't envy you at all. It's full of pain and a feeling of rejection but hopefully someone, someday will come along and mend your broken heart. If you are a couple in love, that's great.. most of the time .. Love is hard work though and it does need to be handled carefully, after all two hearts are at risk of breaking here. It has amazing upsides though and it's definitely worth all the work. It's a place you can feel safe, happy and most of all knowing that someone loves you for just being yourself. You have both accepted each others imperfections and your expectations for each other are now realistic. It's a great place to be.


My favourite love quote: And then we get to choose who we let into our weird little worlds. You're not perfect, sport. And let me save you the suspense. This girl you met, she isn't perfect either. But the question is whether or not you're perfect for each other. That's the whole deal. That's what intimacy is all about. Now you can know everything in the world, sport, but the only way you're findin' out that one is by givin' it a shot. ~ Good will hunting (Sean) 


Falling out of love.

Sometimes mutual but often not, when either two people or just one person in a relationship decides that they no longer love the other person. It's sad really but a common reality.


The unconditional love.

This is my favourite love, the love where you will be hurt, upset, angry .. but your love is never ending. This is the kind of love you have for family, mainly your children because no matter how much they mess up they have a guaranteed forgiveness. This love steals your heart instantly and even if you could get it back, you would never want to. I believe this to be the only form of true love.

 
 
So despite the hurt, rejection and fear of love... It's always worth the risk. Go for it ! ... I hope you have an amazing day with the people you love xx


No comments:

Post a Comment