Wednesday 4 February 2015

Be happy, It's healthy

I took a lot of time thinking about what to talk about next. I thought about things that are worth sharing... So naturally I picked the thing that helped me most and what's best is that it's possible for everyone to do, anyone who wants to.

So, what is this magical thing that changed my life ?

My own mind - positive thinking.

I know I know, it sounds easier said then done and you're right! Its not easy and it takes a while but it is really worth it.

Look for a silver lining.

No, not everything is going to have one for instance a giant unexpected bill through the door never puts a smile on any ones face (besides the company who issued it).

But in most cases they are pretty simple to find when you get used to looking. For example, it's been a long day, people have bumping into you left, right and centre, you have and overwhelming list of things to do and all you want to do is go home and sit down with you favourite cup of coffee to ease the stress of the day. So on your way home you go to the local store to get your favourite coffee, but they have none - great a wasted journey! ... or is it ?
Maybe try a different coffee , something new , something spontaneous. I know but your coffee is familiar, you can count on it to not let you down, you have used the same one for 3 years. Why change what doesn't need changing ?

Because change can be good when we get stuck in our ways, maybe you could find an even better coffee and even nicer one and yes this doesn't just work with coffee ;).

You matter too

Most people (especially parents) are so busy doing everything for everyone else. That they forget they have needs too. Even if they remember they have needs too they have gotten into a process of choosing to get more things done rather then taking 5 minutes for themselves. Find some calm in the storm, even if its just 10 seconds to stand and think 'I've got this' and breathe.


Stop punishing yourself

Yes you, stop it ! ... I used to do this a lot, every time I hadn't managed to get something done on time or I had physically ran out of energy to do it, I'd somehow justify being angry at myself for it and my overall mood would plummet. I think this is the hardest one to change but over all the most effective. So you didn't get time to stitch up your 5 year olds doll and she is now upset with you, you are only human. If you plan to do something and don't get round to it - shrug it off.


Be you

You are you it's as simple as that. Yes you make mistakes, you are clumsy and you say things you don't mean sometimes but doesn't everyone ? ... Enjoy being imperfect, the silliest of mistakes now will be a great giggle in the future. I once put my brand new phone in the bin and my bread in the microwave (yes, it was one of THOSE days).. it took me ages to find my phone and when I was brainstorming that my 2 year old must have climbed out of his highchair hid my phone and climbed back in to his highchair, I realised for a short while I'd totally lost it haha! ... See now I can laugh at it :).


Overall, don't put to much pressure on yourself always try to find the calm whether it's reading a good book, enjoying a hot cup of tea, running or gardening.. just take time for you. Love your imperfections as we all have them anyway <3


No comments:

Post a Comment