Saturday 7 March 2015

Precious family days .. This is my happiness!

I spend every day with my family, but between school runs, shopping, cleaning, cooking .... to name a few, I don't really actually get to spend much time with them.

I love dropping everything and just going to the park with them, or soft play, or even just playing in the garden.
Trust me, I don't find it easy to leave things untidy for even a few hours but it's really worth it.



Today felt like an actual spring day even though it was quite windy, so I checked the weather report - Halleluiah no rain ! I headed eagerly to my local butchers to buy some food for a BBQ along with a few other shops trying to be quick so I can savour as much of this day as possible.


We dusted off the BBQ cleaned it up and set it up all ready to cook on, put out the picnic table, toys and juice. The kids bounced eagerly at the windows, seeing the BBQ got them a little hyped. Like me, my children love BBQ days they see it as a day of fun and good food.

The smell of cooking burgers, chicken and sausage soon filled the air while the kids played on their ride-ons or had races with cars, or became mini international football players. I sat there thinking 'this is it, this is my happiness'. When people in future will ask 'what makes you happy ?' This will be my
answer.

 

I always like to make these days a little more special for the kids and recently tried out shaving foam with my youngest children. No I didn't give them lessons, thankfully that's Ste's job one day, instead we squirt the foam into a pile for the kids to play with. So today I tripled the amount of foam, I'm normally a bit of a clean freak much to my children's annoyance.. But in the garden on precious days like this I loosen up a little and just go with the flow. Soon our garden (and children) were covered in foam ! ... It look like a winter wonderland nightmare haha. It's brilliant seeing the kids play together with something they all love doing and what child doesn't like making a huge mess ?








I wonder if anyone's precious days are like mine.. This is my life and this is why I love it. My precious days one day will just be a memory but it's a memory I will cherish forever ! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment