Monday 18 April 2016

A letter to my last ...

A while ago I read a blog I think it was called the last one. It tugged at my heart strings, every word read true.

So with Erin being our last little one it got me thinking about the things I'm going to miss.



 

The day you were born I knew it was true, that was the last day that I'd count as two.
The last time I'd ever feel that overwhelming pain, even though it was worth every gain.

Right now my little one you're still really small, though it wont be long until you start to crawl
Not long until your first word and then you'll be talking
Not long until your first step and soon after - walking.
 
Right now you hold my finger to fall asleep, one day you wont need it - the thought makes me weep
The worst thing is I won't even know
One day you'll need it the next day you won't
 
Right now you sleep in the crook of my arm, warm and cosy and safe from harm
One day you'll get bruises from climbing up trees, coming home with scrapes on your elbows and knees.
 
Right now you love every hug, snuggle and kiss,
One day it'll embarrass you, your kisses I'll miss.
 
You're growing up every day , growing big and strong
I'll miss you my baby, it won't be long.
 
One day I'll miss tripping over your toys in the hall....
and cleaning your sticky hand prints off all the walls.
 
I'll miss all the tantrums and screaming to come
The last time you say Mummy and just call me Mum.
 
So right now little girl I'll cherish every first and last
Right now it's the future but will one day be the past.
 
I'll hold you a little closer and kiss you some more
Spend more time with you playing on the floor
 
So please grow up slowly but keep your own pace,
Because right now my baby the lasts I can't face.
 
 
'Hold her a little longer, rock her a little more.
Tell her another story, you've only told her four.
Let her sleep on your shoulder, rejoice in her smile.
After all she's only small for such a little while'
                   -author unknown-

No comments:

Post a Comment